From Tan Son Nhat Airport to Hotel Catina
- Distance: 8km
- Taxi charge: 200.000 VND
- Time by car:: 30 minutes under normal traffic condition. Take Truong Son street to the far corner of Hoang Van Thu Park (1km) Turn left to Cong Hoa street to a Gas Station(0.5km) Turn right to Nguyen Van Troi street, go straight to Cong Ly brigde (1km) Cross Cong Ly brigde to Nam Ky Khoi Nghia street Go straight further to Reunification Palce (3km) Turn left to Le Duan street to a roundabout (0.5km) Take right turn to Dong Khoi street ( Notre-Dame Cathetral is at your left side) Go down the street, pass the City Theatre (1km) Catina Saigon Hotel is on the right at the second corner
From Saigon Train Station
- Distance: 5km
- Taxi charge: 150.000 VND
- Time by car: 25 minutes under normal traffic condition Turn left to Nguyen Thong St then left on Dien Bien Phu street (0.5km) Go straight till Le Van Tam Park (3km) Take right turn to Hai Ba Trung Street, go straight till the corner of Hai Ba Trung St & Dong Du street (1km) Turn right to Dong Du street, go straight till the end (0.5km) Catina Saigon Hotel is at your right side, on Dong Khoi street
From Hotel Catina Saigon to Saigon Exhibition & Convention Center (SECC)
- Distance: 8.5km
- Taxi charge: 250.000 VND
- Time by car: Head Dong Khoi street toward Ton Duc Thang street. Turn right onto Ton Duc Thang street to pass Khanh Hoi Bridge and continue to Tan Thuan 2 Bridge. Turn right onto Nguyen Van Linh street, head ahead (3km) to Nguyen Luong Bang street. Turn left onto Nguyen Luong Bang street. SECC is on your left.
- By Taxi
- By using Hotel Catina Car Service ( please contact conceirge for transportation requests).
View CATINA SAIGON HOTEL in a larger map
EXPLORE THE AREA
- DINING NEARBY
- LOCAL ACTIVITIES
- LOCAL ATTRACTIONS
- USEFUL INFORMATION
EATING AND DRINKING RECOMMENDATIONS IN DISTRICT 1
- *Vietnam House Restaurant ( 93-95 Dong Khoi st./ 0.1km/ 1' walking): All local and authentic Vietnamese dishes
- *Phở 24 ( 5 Nguyen Thiep st./ 0.1km/ 1' walking): "Phở" is a Vietnamese tradditional noodle soup. Brand name of Phở 24 can be found in some Asian countries, Canada, US, France...
- *The Sushi Bar (2 Le Thanh Ton st./ 3 km/ 15' by taxi): Japanese tradditional food
- *Thai Cuisine ( 37 Dong Du st./ 0.3 km/ 3' walking): Guests can enjoy real Thai cuisines from the four main areas of Thailand.
- *Tandoor ( 74/6 Hai Ba Trung st./ 0.5 km/ 5'' walking): Indian cuisine
- *Hoang Long Restaurant (11 Lam Son square/ 0.5km/ 5' walking): Chinese food and seafood Chinese style
- *Ngon Restaurant (168 Pasteur st./ 1km/ 5' by Taxi): A real foodshow on small stalls replicating the country's impressive street fair. A great place to see and try a wide range of Vietnamse culinary delights
- *Floating Restaurant (Saigon Warf/ 0.5km/ 5' walking): Enjoy a buffet dinner on floating Saigon Restaurant cruise ship
- *Illy Café ( 11-13 Lam Son Square/ 0.5km. 5' walking): Despite of its central city location, the courtyard outside is surprisingly secluded, In addition to coffees, there is also an extensive Italian-based menu, including a good value set lunch.
- *Trung Nguyen Coffee ( Dong Khoi st./ 0.0km/ in opposite of Catina Saigon Hotel): Well-know brand of Vietnamese coffee, where you can try a "glass" of coffee in Vietnamese style
- *Juice (49 Mac Thi Buoi st./ 0.2km/ 2' walking): A good place to drop the shopping bags or guidebook and cool you down by an icy glass of fresh seasonal fruits juice
- *Hard Rock Café (39 Le Duan st./ 1km/ 5' by taxi): The first ever Hard Rock Café to open its door in Viet Nam. Spend your night here with musics, drinks, foods and something else while wondering why it is named as a coffee shop!
- *Apocalyse Bar (2 Thi Sach st./ 0.3km/ 3' walking): An unpretentuos and fun nightclub which has something for everyone. You will find yourself melt in the good mix of tourists of any nationalities, expats and locals dancing the night away thumping dance, techno and pop tunes
- Starbucks Coffee – 38 Dong Du, District 1, HCMC / 100m
- McDonnals Vietnam – Near Ben Thanh Market / 10A Tran Hung Dao Street, Ben Thanh Ward, HCMC / 1km
SHOPPING RECOMMENDATIONS IN DISTRICT 1
- *Ben Thanh market ( Le Loi st./ 1km/ 5' by taxi): Souvenirs, clothes, hand-made wood lacquer, coffee, tea, fruits, raw food. There is a food court at the center of the market, an overview of Vietnamese cuisine. A night road market opens from 6pm till late, in the streets around Ben Thanh market
- *Diamond Plaza ( 34 Le Duan st./ 1km/ 5' by taxi): Where you can find cosmetics, leather goods, ornaments, footwears, clothings of all famous brands
- *Bitexco Finacial Tower ( 45 Ngo Đuc Ke st./ 1 km/ 5' by taxi): Buy a ticket of 10usd to the top of the building and you can have a panorama view of the city
- *Saigon Square (77-89 Nam Ky Khoi Nghia st./ 0.5km/ 5' walking): " A shopping paradise" right in the heart of Saigon
- *Nguyen Hue Bookstore ( Nguyen Hue st./ 0.5 km/ 5' walking): Books of any categories, in Vietnamse and English. Toys and office items can also be found on the second floor
- *Saigon Duty Free shop (102 Nguyen Hue st./ 0.2km/ 2' walking): opens Monday to Friday
- *Notre Dame Cathedral (1 Paris commune/ 1 km/ 5' by taxi): A famous aged cathedral in Ho Chi Minh city. Attracting not only Catholics but most tourists for its Neo-Romanesque style architecture and a sacred atmostphere
- *Central Post Office ( 2 Paris commune/ 1 km/ 5' by taxi): A typical colonial French building
- *Opera House ( Dong Khoi st./ 0.2km/ 2' walking): A typical colonial French building
- *Unification Palace ( 135 Nam Ky Khoi Nghia st./ 3 km/ 15' by taxi): Formerly known as President palace of South Vietnam government before 1975
- *Hochiminh City People’s Committee Office ( 86 Le Thanh Ton st./ 0.5 km/ 5' walking): Not open to the public. Another typical colonial French architecture, spectacular view at night
- *War Remnants Museum ( 28 Vo Van Tan st./ 3 km/ 15' by taxi): Exhibits relating to the Vietnam War in the 20nd century
- Weather: We are a tropical destination which 2 seasons in the South of Vietnam: the dry season and the rainy season. The dry season is from October to March brings us hot and dry days, while the rainy season from April to September gives us a wet weather which requires raincoat or umbrella and sometimes, it is gorgeous and quite comfortable without raining or sunshine. Bring proper clothing and a good sun care products.
- Currency: You can exchange currency at the airport or at most local hotels. When shopping in Saigon downtown, It is more convenient with cash. Remember to make a real bargain except in supermarket.
- Documentation: Carry your passport and visa for check-in at the airport and hotel. ID is required for identification upon exchanging traveller cheque to cash or for another purposes such as car/ motorbike rental.
- Do not walk until late at night for your safety.
- Do not buy anything from flea market.
- Do not bring along cash more than nessessrary, take good care of your belongings when go out
- Deposit your valuables and papers at the Reception of your Hotel
- In case of getting lost, take a taxi and show your Hotel Card
- Upon getting out of the airport, select a prestigious taxi as Mai Linh, Vinasun or Airport Taxi to avoid being overcharged.
|Superior no window, 1 Queen, inclusive of breakfast||Check Rates|
|Deluxe no window, 1 Queen, inclusive of breakfast||Check Rates|
|Deluxe no window, 2 Single Beds, inclusive of breakfast||Check Rates|
|Premium Deluxe window, 1 Queen, inclusive of breakfast||Check Rates|
|Premium Deluxe window, 2 Single Beds, inclusive of breakfast||Check Rates|
|Executive Suite, 1 King, Balcony, Street View, inclusive of breakfast||Check Rates|
|Catina Suite, 1 King, Balcony, Street View, inclusive of breakfast||Check Rates|